- I am a woman with many talents who makes my home in Arctic Canada. Though I live further north than many of my friends and acquaintances, I'll be quick to point out that I am really located a little further south of the geographical center of Canada (Baker Lake) - so I am nowhere near the North Pole.
By circumstance, I reside with my three children and two grandchildren - or should it be said that my children and grandchildren reside with me? Regardless, I come home after a long day at work and am welcomed by five different individuals with varying personalities to go along with them:
- a 19-year-old who is happy to take a break from being "Mom" for a while
- a 14-year-old who spends a lot of time in her room but is happy that Mom is home after being gone all day
- an exuberant 6-year-old who exclaims, "Mom is home!" and rushes out to greet me the moment I walk in the door. (He has to reach me before my grandson so a little jealousy will not ensue.)
- a 2 -year-old grandson who is, sometimes, into more mischief than I can handle though he is one of the sweetest kids I know.
- an 8-month-old granddaughter whose eyes light up as soon as I enter the room. She can't crawl fast enough to get to me and ends up flailing her arms to grab my attention, in hopes that I will scoop her up - which usually happens.
In a dream world, I would spend more time writing than the hour or two I get most nights. Even so, I wouldn't want to be sitting at my computer nearly every hour of the day. However, I hope, even pray, that one day I will be able to productively spend 6 hours each day in front of my computer involved in the business of writing while still having the energy to live my life, enjoy more time with my children and grandchildren and not spending so much time standing as I currently do as an Administration Manager. Will it come to pass? We'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I try to dedicate most of my spare time to writing stories which seem to write themselves upon my heart no matter what I'm doing.
Note: by clicking on either of the book covers immediately below, you'll be taken to its page on Amazon. The link will open in a new window.
~ Hobbies, Interests and Writing ~
- During the autumn of 2011, I published the first book of my Freedom in Love Series titled, An Affair to Remember. December, 2011, brought the second book, When Love Abides, to readers' bookshelves. Currently, I am working on a couple of writing projects, one of which is the third book of the series titled, Soul Confessions.
Of course, most writers enjoy reading and I am no exception, making time for it most days especially before going to bed. Staying in the staff room during lunch hour - especially when the winter temperatures are frigid cold - provides a great opportunity to get ahead with my reading. Absorbing every word, I escapes into another world which enables me to relax. Of course, when I read a book and enjoy it, I promote it at Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and eventually turns up at Budden Book Reviews.
Immediately below you will see a few books I've reviewed, books I consider to be among my favorites. If you click on a book cover, you will be taken (in a new window) to my review for that title. I intend to switch this up, periodically, as I encounter new books, new authors - other people whose work I'd like you to discover.
- Of course, I also enjoy writing poetry, especially poems which whisper to the soul on some level. Some are deeper than others and I began sharing some of my poems and thoughts on my blog titled, Random Reflections. However, I just noticed that this blog did not switch over during the recent upgrade so I'll keep you posted on this. If I can't resurrect it, I'll make a newer, better one.
In truth, I enjoy so many things. I enjoy traveling, photography and walking along a sandy shore. At other times, I am sitting at a sewing machine bringing articles and clothing to life. There seems to be no end to my creative outlets (except for drawing and painting) and I look forward to a promising future filled with new characters, stories and finding other outlets for my creativity.
Below are a few photos of my family. Most of them were taken during recent travels. Click on the image and press "play," located to the top left of the photo. Enjoy!
I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into my world. Please feel free to browse the site to learn more information about the books I've published and how you may contact me. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope to see you again.