- Monica Townsend enjoyed living the quiet life of a book editor - but, from the moment she stepped through her office door one evening, everything changed. Kidnapped at gunpoint, she was held hostage at an abandoned warehouse, praying her life would be spared as shots rang through the air.
Police Officer, Chase Travers, was on duty when the call came in. Being the first officer at the scene, he didn't anticipate the sight awaiting him - three dead men sprawled on the warehouse floor. Upon further inspection of the premises, he discovered a barely conscious Monica Townsend and stayed by her side until the paramedics arrived.
In the hospital later that evening, supposed to be returning home to his wife and two sons, Chase felt prompted to stay at Monica's bedside to ensure her safety. In the still of the night, a gunshot rang out in the hospital corridor.
Chase and Monica escape and begin running for their lives, but they face an even bigger challenge as they battle an attraction to each other which intensifies as each hour passes. Will they be able to withstand temptation or, in the heat of the moment, after one devastating phone call, will they give in, changing their lives forever?
- Monica Townsend returns to the city bringing a surprise - Chase Travers' daughter, Hope, whom she had given birth to seven years earlier. Various emotions arise, and reactions take place, as family members learn of Hope's existence.
In another part of the city, private investigator, Dee Fleischman, is scared of the masked man who chases her; the last time, she just managed to escape. Does it have anything to do with her recent questions about Tyler Washington? Is she getting close to finding the man who stole her daughter's heart so long ago?
- What about Jack Steele, the broken man preparing to pull the trigger which will put him out of his misery? It was a job he decided long ago that belonged to Tyler Washington, before he disappeared. Will Jack succeed with his mission or will a higher power than himself, finally, bring redemption?
- Kelly had everything a young woman could hope for: an admirable boyfriend, a strong family unit and determination to succeed.
A few moments shattered everything. En route to a friend's house, Kelly was raped. Weeks later, she is horrified when she learns the result of her pregnancy test. Debating the best course of action, she's forced to face her greatest fear as she explores long held desires of her heart and soul.
When life seemed to have settled into a normal routine, a surprise encounter with her rapist changes her life forever. After apologizing, he strives to reconcile the past and win Kelly's heart.
Tragedy strikes. Hearts are broken. Lives are shattered. In attempting to move forward, Kelly makes a decision which affects everyone who knows and loves her - a decision which begins her decent into a worse hell than she'd known.
Even though Kelly’s story is considered to be fiction, it's inspired by true events. It's a situation many women - who have lost all hope, faith and love - find themselves in all too often.
In Coming Unglued, you will read of a woman who overcame insurmountable odds, a woman who would tell you that, no matter how desperate your situation may appear, it’s up to you to take the first step in breaking the chains which bind you. Will it be easy? No! Will it be worth it? Most definitely!
Just remember that, regardless of how tough it may be to break the cycle of abuse, when you succumb to brutality and humiliation, you lose your humanity and will. Your children deserve better; your children are counting on you so, please, pick up a copy today so you can read this powerful story of hope and courage.
Amazon Smashwords Kobo iTunes Sony Nook
Best Indie Bookstore
- Jewel and Collin live in different countries yet share the same powerful convictions. Though they haven't met in person, e-mails pass back and forth every day, drawing them closer as one month rolls into the next. After almost a year, they put a plan in motion to meet face-to-face.
Just as Collin prepares to begin his road trip to Canada in search of anticipated love, Tracey - one of Jewel's abused and neglected students - graces her doorstep. Collin and Jewel soon realize there is more to Tracey than meets the eye, that this young girl has an agenda of her own.
Will Collin and Jewel be willing to share their time and attention with a troubled ten-year-old? With guardian angels guiding their every step, can their love withstand all the challenges put before them or will they realize they don't have what it takes?
Short Stories or Novellas
- 14,221 words or 70 printed pages
- After seven years, Sarah Chambers knew it was time to try setting thoughts of Mike Rivers aside. It didn’t matter that she loved him; because of his parents, they could never be happy together. Determined to take a step forward, she arranged to meet an online friend at a club – but ran into Mike instead.
Fleeing into the darkness, Sarah couldn’t outrun the memories which chased her – of falling in love, of falling apart. Desperate to find refuge from the gathering emotional storm, she heads to the only sanctuary she knows.
Hours later, when Mike arrives at her door unexpectedly, claiming he wants to talk, he reveals a devastating secret. Will it bring the ultimate showdown between them or will Sarah be able to look inside herself and, finally, forgive?
Walking towards the marina, Scott's moment of tranquility was shattered by a single gunshot and the ensuing scream which pierced the darkness.
Reflex made him survey his surroundings and, when he saw a yacht engulfed in flames, he ran - not expecting to trip and fall hard onto his knees.
Trying not to cry out from the sudden burst of pain, he heard the sound of whimpering and knew he had to check it out.
What would he discover? Would he be able to walk away or would an unexpected encounter change his life forever?
Available at Amazon.
- Jonathan Hershey was still grieving the loss of his family five years after an accident claimed their lives. Deciding to take a break and re-evaluate his life, he took a trip to the ocean, one of his favorite places to be.
Danielle Jacobs was raising Faith as a single parent - not the way things had been planned. However, the man she planned to marry took off, leaving her and their daughter behind.
Jonathan, Faith and Danielle stumble upon each other at the beach and spend some time together. Will these wounded souls be able to help each other deal with the aftermath of what happened in the past?